Forensic Multimedia Software
Cognitech’s Tri-Suite64 software includes the Video Investigator® software, the VideoActive® software and the AutoMeasure® software.
↓ Whats included with TriSuite64 ↓
Video Investigator is the latest major release of the world's first forensic video processing software suite, the ultimate video enhancement, clarification and 3D analysis package. It includes over 100 Real-Time Preview modules that process and analyze analog and digital surveillance video and still images from CCTV cameras, phones and portable devices. Video Investigator® empowers investigators and forensic video analysts to extract the best evidence, computing faster and more intuitively than the competition. It is also the only software technology in the world that is capable of processing any part of any frame with individual parameters.
VideoActive® software is a Real-Time performance software with a variety of proprietary functional modules -AlgoBlocks- that are assembled and custom connected by the end-user, as needed, to perform the following:
*The US patented Universal Automatic De-Multiplexing
*Lossless Video Acquisition
*Auto-Track and Process
*Adaptive Video Reprojection
*Live Video reverse projection photogrammetry
*Automatic Camera Calibration
*Real-Time Lens Correction and many more.
Through the use of revolutionary 3D multi-view registration, AutoMeasure® accurately computes any linear, angular, and area dimensions, as captured in the crime scene photo images or CCTV video frames, such as: Human height, shoe size, dimensions of the vehicle, the angles between any lines and surfaces (trajectories for ballistics), areas for blood spatter analysis and measuring other human 3D biometrics.
AutoMeasure can perform forensic photogrammetry without ANY time consuming and human error-prone manual measurements.
New features include:
*3D RAMA® Panoramama Measure
*Support for Ricoh's Theta 360º degree full panoramic camera data
↓ More Information ↓
|Minimum Requirements||Recommended Specifications|
|Operating System||Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i5-760 or|
AMD FX™-8100 or better
|Intel® Core™ i7-4770 or better|
|Video||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 2GB or better||NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 8GB or better|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||16-32 GB RAM|
|Boot Drive||500+ GB Hard Disk Drive for Windows Boot Drive||500+ GB Solid State Drive for Windows Boot Drive|
|Storage Drive||2x 7200 RPM Hard Disk Drives in RAID 0 for Storage||500+ GB Solid State Drive for Storage or better|
|Internet||Broadband Internet Connection|
|Input||Keyboard and mouse required||Keyboard and mouse required|
|Monitor||1080p LCD Monitor (1920x1080)||2x 1440p IPS Monitor (2560x1440)|
- 1. General
- 1. Is Cognitech’s software available in any other languages?
Yes! Cognitech’s software is available in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish.
- 2. Can a novice PC user attend Cognitech’s Forensic Video Certification Training Course?
Yes! Cognitech’s Forensic Video Certification Training Course is designed for first time users as well as long time users who may need a refresher. Contact Cognitech® for more information.
- 3. Does Cognitech’s software support audio as well as video?
Cognitech’s software is designed for video and image enhancement and analysis. The latest Video Investigator® software, part of the Tri-Suite14 software system and the VIVA PRO14 software system, has a new feature that allows audio to be preserved. The user is able to enhance their video while keeping the original audio track.
- 4. Do I need to purchase a Cognitech® video capture card if I have a similar type?
a. The software only works with Cognitech® Video Acquisition cards
b. With the purchase of Cognitech’s software, a Video Acquisition card is included.
- 5. Does it matter what type of monitor I use?
No. You can use any type of monitor. We recommend at least 1920 x 1080 for ease of use with video processing.
- 6. What is Cognitech’s warranty on its notebooks and hardware parts?
The warranty is provided by the hardware manufacturers.
- 7. What is the difference between a compressed and an uncompressed file?
With compressed files you lose data, and with uncompressed files you don’t lose any data.
- 8. What is the difference between NTSC and PAL signals?
NTSC signal is used in the US and PAL signal is used in Europe and Asia.
- 9. Which connection is better to use for video input, composite or s-video?
S-Video is recommended, but they both do the job.
- 10. How accurate is the measurement in your software?
The margin of error is less than 1 inch.
- 11. Can we finance the software through Cognitech®?
No. However, we do accept credit cards. Another option is to receive funding through your loan offices.
- 12. What is a Disk Array and do I need one?
It is an external set of hard drives that are designed for the capture of uncompressed video streams.
No. You don’t have to have a disk array, but we do recommend them.
- 13. Can I play the Video Investigator® (.cff or .cog) files with other software?
No. .cff and .cog files are Cognitech’s proprietary file formats and can only be played back with Cognitech’s software.
- 14. Do I have to be certified to present the outcome of the video in court?
No. However, it will be beneficial for you to have the certificate and proper software training.
- 15. Can I edit my video with your software?
No. Cognitech’s software is used for video enhancement only and not for post production purposes.
- 16. How often do you release new updates?
We have two update categories, minor and major. Minor updates are released once or twice a year, while major updates depend on when new ideas and tools can be released.
- 17. Will your company testify as an expert witness in court?
Yes. Please contact Cognitech for further details.
- 18. If you release a new update, is the old version still supported?
Yes. The older version will be supported. However, we do not support software versions that are older than 3 years from the current version. Please contact Cognitech for more information.
- 19. Can Disk Array work on your Notebook?
Yes. It depends on the make of the Disk Array that you use.
- 20. Can Cognitech’s software capture video from Fire Wire 1394 devices?
Yes. Cognitech’s VideoActive® software can capture video from fire wire devices.
- 21. Does it matter what kind of VCR I use for video output?
We strongly recommend that you use professional equipment instead of commercial equipment.
- 22. Can the speed be controlled on the video with Cognitech’s software?
Yes. You have full control of the speed and the frames.
- 23. Are there any keyboard shortcuts?
Yes. You can find them listed in the help menu.
- 24. Can I re-size the screen in Video Investigator®?
Yes. You are able to re-size the screen.
- 25. Can I have multiple videos open in Video Investigator® at the same time?
Yes. You can have as many video files and still images open as you want.
- 26. Can I print still images from Video Investigator®?
Yes. Cognitech’s Video Investigator® software allows you to print.